Friday, November 8, 2013

Guest Review: Whatever After Dream On

Dream On (Whatever After, #4)

Today I have a guest post review by A, my youngest daughter. A is nine. She is reviewing Whatever After: Dream On by Sarah Mlynowski, a middle grade story and #4 in the Whatever After series. This is A's first crack at doing a review, and its short and sweet. We hope you enjoy it!

This book was about two children, Abby and Jonah, and Abby’s best friend Robin. They are having a sleepover. Abby and Robin are downstairs sleeping when Abby wakes up and sees Robin sleep walking. Abby quickly went and got Jonah and led him downstairs. OH NO!!! She’s bumping into the mirror! The mirror is magic, if you knock on the mirror three times you get stuck in a fairy tale! She bumps into it three times oh no they know what that means, another adventure! When Robin gets sucked into the mirror Abby and Jonah follow. They turn out  to be in the Sleeping Beauty tale! Robin accidentally pokes her elbow on a spindle wheel, so now Robin's sleeping and Sleeping Beauty’s wide awake! 

WHAT ARE THEY GOING TO DO NOW?  

I liked this book a lot! It's funny and they get in a lot of trouble. I think kids will like this and I want to get book three Sink or Swim which is about mermaids.  

-A

From Goodreads

Good night, sleep tight,
Don't let the magic mirror bite . . .

My friend Robin and I were going to have the best sleepover ever. We'd stay up late, eat s'mores, share secrets -- and NOT knock on my magic mirror. I was NOT getting pulled into another fairy tale.

But the mirror STILL ends up pulling me and my brother, Jonah, into Sleeping Beauty's story -- and this time, Robin comes with us, too! When Robin pricks her finger on the spindle, I know we're in trouble. Now she's fast asleep, Sleeping Beauty is wide awake, and I have to:

- Host a fake birthday party for Jonah
- Find a prince to wake up Robin
- Avoid getting cursed by scary fairies

We only have ten hours to make things right . . . or this day will become a nightmare!

No comments:

Post a Comment